Wednesday, July 27, 2011

dead crow

found a dead crow in West Point, Mississippi
lying on the side of a building,
a dirty dark alley
lit in sunlight

'died of West Nile virus' an old black man
limped up to me saying, 'isn't it curious
how large the world looks to us and how
small the world looks to a bird?

it can travel at will from one side of the
globe to the other, while we stay stuck
in the mud in small towns because we
are afraid to break free and find
the answers'

funny.

i think it's curious that we feel the
same way about death - fearing answers -
i thought, well at least now
the crow knows all the answers, while
the old black man and i will just be
sick and asking questions.

1.29.04

2 comments:

  1. keep your curiosity, especially for gathering moments such as this. A lovely write best served as a most an amazing experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was 19 on your followers, 19 when my parents were divorced, 19 years of my God-given, finite existence, 19 years and then I finally grew-up. So should you, pal --- Why don’t you follow us Home to Heaven Above if you‘re gonna croak as I am? How long do we have to enjoy this finite existence? 77ish, measly years? Compared to the length and breadth of eternity, 77ish years is like a dropOwater in the universe. Why don’t we have a BIG-ol, roxx-our-soxx, party-hardy celebrating our resurrection for many eons? Heaven TOTALLY kicks-ass for eternity. How do I know this fact? I saw IT for a brief instant after our accident: pleasureNtreasure-beyond-measure. God bless you. _thewarningsecondcoming.com_

    ReplyDelete